Published: March 9, 2021
A female masked student sitting on a couch

Congratulations to Lindsey Quint for being selected for Critical Language Scholarship! The CLS program is a fully funded intensive overseas language and cultural immersion program for American students to learn languages essential to America’s engagement with the world.

Linsey majors in International Affairs and Chinese. She began studying Chinese in 6th grade and chose to continue studying Chinese at CU Boulder because she loved the academic rigor of it.

"Chinese is incredibly challenging and learning it has pushed me to grow as an individual. The professors and language instructors that I have had the privilege of learning from are another big reason why I continued studying Chinese in university. I am so grateful for the amazing classes that were offered as well as the endless support from the Asian Language and Civilization department,"

Her plan with the Critical Language Scholarship has not been set in stone yet due to COVID-19, whether the program will be held in person or virtually, but she hopes to be able to attend it in person. She will be attending graduate school and wants to eventually do research in China. The Critical Language Scholarship will support her in developing her language skills further.